Luckily, there are a few great things you can do to lift your butt without surgery, and many of them are free or affordable enough that you can try them for yourself!
- Get to Know Your Shapewear-If your trouble is a petite, flat or undefined rear end, then you'll be happy to know that there's plenty of shapewear to make your butt look bigger and provide some backside volume. A simple solution is to invest in a butt lifter panty that instantly lifts your butt while creating a rounder shape. You can wear these butt boosters all the time, including to work and out to happy hour with girlfriends, as well as when you've got a special occasion on the agenda. They come in boyshorts, briefs and even full leggings to go with any outfit.
- Squat, Squat and Squat Some More-Squats and other glute exercises work by toning and tightening the hamstrings and glutes, resulting in a more defined backside and a lift in the bum. You might be surprised to find that there are a ton of ways to squat, from the prisoner squat (squat with your hands interlaced behind your head) to the single-legged pistol squat to the plié squat with foot drag. However you like to squat, if you do it often, you can expect these strength-building movements to leave your butt in a state of total tone.
- Walk or Run Daily-The experts say that any movement that exercises your glutes will help build their strength and definition, resulting in a more toned behind. Naturally, going on a walk or a run is a great way to put those rear end muscles to good use, creating more strength and definition. Aerobic exercise of any sort will also help you lose weight all over your body, which can help slim things down so your glutes have a chance to shine. Obviously, if your goal is to tone and bulk the booty, constant cardio probably isn't the best way to go.
- Cut Back on Simple Carbs-You probably already know that, in order to get perfectly toned muscles in any part of the body, you've got to eat clean. Replace any refined or processed carbohydrates-which are chock full of simple carbs that may be contributing to weight gain and sluggishness-with more complex carbs, good fats and protein. Olive oil, avocado, cheese and veggies bring the good fats and complex carbs you need to set your butt up for success.
- Up Your Protein Intake-Remember, at the end of the day, your booty is made up of muscles, and if you want to grow them, you've got to feed them plenty of protein and calories in order to help them bulk up. Eating plenty of lean meats-fish, chicken breast, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.-and supplementing where necessary with protein bars and shakes will help you reach your daily protein goal so your body can turn the fat into muscle faster.
Finding the Perfect Balance
In all truth, in order to get a perfectly shaped booty, you really have to employ a combination of all of the above. With a healthy lifestyle-including consistent exercise and a clean diet-coupled with some quality shapewear, you can achieve the butt of your wildest dreams without having to go through any costly or invasive procedures.