Breast augmentation–whether it’s a breast lift, breast enhancement, breast reduction or any other surgical procedure–requires proper healing in order to achieve the best results.
After a breast augmentation, caring for yourself during the post-operative stage is crucial. In general, a doctor-recommended
post breast surgery bra offers extra support, a faster recovery and much more.
Benefits of a Breast Augmentation Bra
After breast surgery, a breast augmentation bra offers many benefits, many of which you can’t get with a conventional bra. Some benefits include:
- Reduced fluid retention to help minimize the risk of hematomas
- Increase in blood circulation to decrease inflammation
- Protection against infection around the incision area
- Prevents implant shifting or swelling
- Stronger healing with the fabric comfortably adhering to your new shape
What to Look for in a Breast Augmentation Bra
It’s important to find the best post breast surgery brathat offers the unique support you need. However, here are some features to look for in a quality breast augmentation bra.
- Front Closure–To minimize the movement of the chest and shoulder, a front closure offers an easy way to slip into a breast augmentation bra and to remove it.
- No Underwire–Underwire is uncomfortable for women without breast surgery, but it can cause extreme discomfort to recovering patients.
- Breathable Materials–Make sure a breast augmentation bra is made of quality, breathable synthetic or cotton-blend fabric to keep breasts dry and avoid irritation and rashes.
- Adjustable Straps–During the recovery process, it helps to have adjustable straps to adjust the fit of your bra.
- Comfortable Support–A breast augmentation bra should be supportive and comfortable, holding breasts in place firmly but without too much pressure.
Leonisa offers a selection of post breast surgery bras that provide the necessary control after surgery. Our designs offer no underwire and no uncomfortable seams that tend to hurt patients. In addition, they are also made with our exclusive DuraFit® and PowerSlim® materials created from the latest compression and control technology that shapes with ease. Complement your breast augmentation bra with our stabilizing breast and chest compression wrap.
Bras for Each Recovery Process
Long-Term Recovery: Sports Bras
Shop all Breast Augmentation Bras
After a breast augmentation procedure, patients are typically sent home with a medical-grade compression bra. The medical-grade compression bra can be worn for approximately four weeks, or as guided by your plastic surgeon. However, it helps to have a few extra breast augmentation bras at home to swap them out with clean ones to keep your incision sanitary and infection-free.
Initial Recovery: Breast Augmentation Bras
After a month or so–or as directed by a surgeon–patients can put aside the medical-grade breast augmentation bras and switch to sports bras. It’s best to wear a soft, expandable sports bra that is comfortable and has no underwire that can rub against or irritate the incision area.