You already know that rocking a waist trainer is one of the best ways to achieve that picture-perfect hourglass shape, but did you know that wearing one during your workout provides extra benefits? These tummy-tightening shapewear staples help strengthen your core and ab muscles, providing the compression and posture correction you need to take your workout to the next level.
But this method comes with a few important rules you need to know before you try it. Here's everything you need to know about wearing a waist trainer while working out.
About Leonisa Waist Trainers
Our waist trainers feature extra-firm yet lightweight latex that provides compression and boning to sculpt, slim and smooth the surface so you feel slim and confident at the gym. They also have flexible front and back boning, which creates a gorgeous hourglass figure, helps improve your posture and keeps everything nice and secure while you're sweating it out. The outer latex and interior cotton add comfort, too.
Things to Remember About Working Out with a Waist Trainer
1. It's Not for High-Intensity Workouts-If you're planning on going hard at a HIIT workout or even sweating it out during a miles-long run on the treadmill, we recommend leaving the waist trainer at home. On the other hand, wearing one while you lift weights is a great idea because it helps you maintain a long, strong and straight posture while you crush your personal best. A waist trainer that is too tight can make it hard to breathe, so it's a no-no for lots of cardio.
2. Compression Is Your Friend-Going for a waist trainer with extra-firm compression is your best bet if you want to take advantage of all the great benefits of compression. Wearing a compression garment can help increase circulation throughout your body, which means more oxygen and nutrients are getting delivered to where you need them the most. At the same time, better circulation means better recovery, which is great news if you tend to get sore afterwards.
3. Experiment with Sizing-Always choose a waist training garment that has lots of options for custom-like sizing, such as hook and loop closures featuring multiple sizing options, like the ones on our waist trainers. You not only want to be able to adjust so that you feel totally comfortable and supported as you do various activities, but also so your trainer still fits even when your body changes. It's best to wear your trainer as tight as feels comfortable, but going too tight will restrict your movement or leave behind marks on the skin.
4. Sweat = Breakouts-Because the waist trainer sits so close to your skin, it can cause you to sweat more than usual. This is great news if you're trying to shed the pounds, but can make your trainer stink and cause acne. You want to make sure you're taking some extra precautions to ensure that sweat doesn't sit on your skin and cause irritation or breakouts. Many people like to wear a slim workout tank underneath their waist trainers just to provide a barrier between the skin and the trainer (and to prevent it from getting gross and smelly).
5. Extra Care Is Key-As with any workout apparel, you want to make sure you properly wash your sweaty waist trainer so that it doesn't harbor bacteria and start to stink. Carefully washing and caring for your trainer will help ensure that it stays in great shape and doesn't cause irritation or breakouts. For the best results, always hand wash in cold water using a soft detergent and let the garment air dry.
6. There's a Limit to Everything-While wearing your waist trainer for an hour or two at the gym is an awesome idea, make sure to keep it limited if you wear yours throughout the day. It's best to wear your trainer only eight hours per day, so make sure to give your body some breathing room before or after you hit the gym.
Revolutionize Your Workout
Is getting your dream hourglass figure just a waist trainer away? Pick one out from Leonisa to give it a try and see for yourself! By holding your abs tight, encouraging you to sweat more and improving your posture, these amazing trainers can totally revolutionize your workout.