Do Posture Correctors Work? We Set the Record Straight
When worn correctly, daily-wear posture correctors can help you improve your posture without you even realizing it.
Poor posture impacts our head-to-toe health, causing chronic pain, muscle weakness and even issues with digestion and sex.
Women can wear posture-improving bras to help straighten the spine, but they should be worn the right way for the best results.
If you're like most people, you've got a natural tendency to hunch. Maybe it's from years of sitting at a computer desk, a chronic poor sleep position, the genes you inherited from your parents or large breasts that literally drag you down. Whatever the reason, the outcome is the same-a permanently curved spine that leads to a host of negative effects, both internal and external.
But is there anything you can do to slow the slope? Wearing a posture corrector, such as a posture girdle or posture corrector bra, is one way. Let's take a look at how these wearable miracle workers can help keep your back in a healthy position and result in a permanently improved posture.Shop Leonisa's Best-Selling Posture Corrector Bra
Why Posture Matters
So you already know that bad posture is, well, bad. But why? Prolonged bending postures can cause pain, discomfort and lifelong issues, including:
- Weakened muscles. When your spine begins to slack, the muscles in your back and core weaken, limiting your strength and range of motion over time. It can even weaken your pelvic floor muscles, causing sexual dysfunction and incontinence in some women.
- Chronic pain. The strain on the muscles coupled with a process known as disc degeneration tends to cause chronic back pain. People with poor posture may also experience headaches and jaw pain.
- Digestive issues. According to Harvard Health, chronic slouching can affect your digestive system in a number of ways. Poor posture in the bathroom can lead to constipation, while slouching post-meal can cause heartburn and slow digestion because it puts undue pressure on the abdomen.
- Low self-esteem. Perhaps not surprisingly, posture can affect the way we think about ourselves. In fact, studies show that people who sit up straight have more thoughts of self-confidence than those who don't.
- Changes to your figure. Those with poor posture may feel less confident because they've experienced changes in their physical appearance. Slouching can cause a pot belly, rounded shoulders and other alterations to the figure, whereas a straight back can create a taller, thinner appearance.
Should You Try a Posture Corrector?
With all of these negative effects to consider, it's no wonder posture-correcting solutions are becoming more and more popular. Women can make corrections by wearing bras that help with posture. These bras feature durable, crisscross bands with double-layered fabric that helps support a positive spine position, effectively reducing back pain and leading to a permanently improved posture.
As with any posture corrector-whether it be a bra, a band or a brace-the idea is to retrain your back muscles so they no longer have that tendency to hunch. You developed your chronic forward-sloping posture over a period of years, during which time your muscles became strained and lost their strength to hold you upright. These bras help retrain and rebuild those muscles so you sit up straight naturally.
Tips for Wearing a Posture Corrector
Like anything in life, you'll get the most out of your posture corrector bra or girdle if you wear it properly. Here are some important tips for choosing and wearing a posture bra.
- Choose the Right Size-No matter the type of bra, wearing the wrong size can do real damage to your back and completely change your shape, so make sure you properly determine your posture bra size for the best results.
- Wear it Every Day-Choose a posture garment that suits your lifestyle, whether you spend all day in an office or at the gym. The key to success with any posture corrector is consistent, daily wear. Make sure to wear it in all environments where you tend to hunch your back.
- Don't Skimp-For it to be effective, you have to wear your posture corrector for long periods of time. That means you want it to be comfortable and durable enough that it stands up to daily wear! Always read the reviews and only buy high-quality back support bras.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is this: Yes, posture correctors work, and since they can provide head-to-toe health benefits, there's no reason not to give one a try. Be sure to explore our complete selection of problem-solving shapewear to find garments that improve posture, enhance your figure and more.Browse All Posture Girdles
Dejar un comentario